Saturday, October 31, 2009

What are some at-home remedies for TMJ (jaw stress problem)?


Answer:
Relax your jaw and put your hands on your jaw, just below and behind your ears, and rub in a circular motion.
You can also buy a nighttime mouthguard (or have your dentist make one).
Try not to eat really chewy foods or chew gum.
get a splint made by your dentist preferred , or get a splint that u put in hot water and conform to your bit, you want to get the pressure off the jaw at night ( i have had surgery to help relive the stress and headache associate with TMJ) is the first step, go and talk to your dentist or orthodontist
TMJ is from Stress.
The stress can be caused from grinding your teeth at night, teeth that do not fit together properly (need braces) or just everyday stress. Even too much caffeine can give you stress and the jaw can pop down.
I have TMJ and I manage it as best I can. I was a teeth grinder all my childhood and they is what started it. Now anytime I get stress it pops out and hurts. I have to calm down and relax and massage the area where the jaw hinge is located.
But I can also get it from eatting too fast, chewing gum, too much caffeine, and lack of sleep. These all aggrevate it.
Manage it yourself. It is never worth getting surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net