Saturday, October 31, 2009

Well..Im getting Porcelain Braces soon, what are some good and bad things about them?

could you answer this for me soon?
Answer:
I work for an orthodontist and personally we do not do porcelain braces because they change to a yellow color and patients get very upset about this. I would not recommend them because there is no way to avoid them changing from white to yellow. I would be happy to answer any more questions you have.
I had porcelain on the top teeth and metal on the bottom and honestly didn't feel that there was much of a difference . The elastomeres (elastics that hold the wire to the brackets) can stain sometimes (especially with spagetti sauce) so consider going with a subtle color. It doesn't make them completely invisible but since everyone has braces these days it shouldn't matter that much! And take good care of them, keep them clean! Good luck!
JAMRDH - a dental hygienist

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net