Sunday, October 25, 2009

Tooth Just Pulled Help!!?

I just had my tooth pulled, it was a baby tooth but they said it was like getting an adult tooth pulled. The shot hurt less than the pulling out of my tooth. Is this normal? Any suggestions on how it will stop hurting so bad.
Answer:
It'll stop hurting in a day or two. Take a tylenol if the doc said it was okay and eat some popsicles to numb your mouth.Hope you feel better soon!
Yeah, its normal. I had to get four teeth pulled about six monthes ago. There really isn't a way to heal the pain. But your dentist should have given you some gauze. Just try to bite down on that. Sorry, but its going to be awhile but that stops hurting. Maybe a week or two.
take a tylenol, it will feel better in a day or so
Just try too Wait until it stops
or ice and milk and just take a nap or something that helped me =)
kill yourself it will be over before you even know it
That is what happened to me too, It is actually normal even though you do not think so at the time. To get it to stop hurting you can actually use asprins and tylenol and any pain relievers. They helped a lot when I got 4 teeth pulled.
I hope i helped. I hope your pain goes away.
take some thing i got one teeth pulled but it didn't hurt to much but when it did i took Tylenol.hope it stops hurting.=)
Take a pain killer example ibprofin as directed on bottle and you can apply ice today. Normally the shot is worse then the tooth being pulled, you should have only felt pressure. Maybe the drug from the shot was not fully working when the tooth was pulled.
You really shouldn't have been able to feel anything but the pressure of them pulling and wiggling your tooth to get it come out. Take some motrin and keep ice on the side(s) of your face as much as possible. This should help with the pain, and even any swelling that can happen. Hope you feel better.
If you have taken pain killers and anti inflammatories, try a hot water bottle pressed against your face. I had a molar removed the other week - it was a nightmare!
I found that a hot water bottle, with a cover on, held against my face certainly helped with the discomfort.Hope it eases up soon ;-)
I'm not sure if it is normal for your tooth to hurt while it is being
pulled if it has been deadened. I wonder if the dentist gave you a strong enought shot. When I have had a tooth pulled they usually deaden the area with 2 or 3 shots. It might be that since it was a baby tooth it was hard for the dentist to get it out since it was smaller than regular teeth or it may have been impacted is the reason you never lost the tooth in the first place. I think if a tooth is impacted they have to dig it out, %26 it is more painful than just pulling a tooth.
The dentist probably should have given you a prescription for some kind of pain pill. When ever I or my children have had one pulled the dentist always gives us a prescription pain pill to take for a few days after if needed.
Have you tried taking tylenol or ibuprofen. They now have tylenol in the grocery stores or drug stores that is extra fast pain relief that works really well. He probably should have told you to take an over the counter pain pill such as tylenol or ibuprofen if he didn't prescribe you a prescription. I would call his office %26 tell him it is still hurting %26 he may phone you in a prescription for pain.
Also when ever I or my children had our teeth pulled the dentist always said to go home %26 put ice packs on your cheek over the area where the tooth was pulled for 2 to 3 days, but especially the first day. I have also been told by one
dentist to get a tea bag %26 place it on the area where the tooth has been pulled. This will help to coagulate to area %26 stop it from bleeding. I tried it %26 it seemed to work. Also lay down for the first day for sure with your head on a pillow %26 watch tv if you can't sleep or read a book laying down. You also may want to keep laying down for 2 to 3 days after if the area hurts where the tooth was pulled from. The most important thing to remember is to take the over the counter pain pills every 4 to 6 hours %26 keep the ice packs on it. This will keep the swelling down with both ibuprofen %26 the ice packs %26 also help the pain
a lot. Good Luck.
yes, it's normal take an advil, i'm suprised they didnt give u a prescription for a mild pain killer.
I've had an adult tooth pulled. It didn't hurt at all. The dentist gave me a cupon to kiva juice it was cold so it helped me feel much better. My mouth never hurt after the shake! I hope this helps!i know how you feel I got a tooth pulled a couple days ago! It was a baby tooth too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net