Sunday, October 25, 2009

Tooth decay? Help!! Any dentist in here can answer if possible?

Ok I think I might have a tooth decay on my bottom lower teeth cuz I do see a little white chalky stuff on both of them on the edges below and my dentist who cleans my teeth 6 months ago said I needed to floss but I did some research just now realizing that those white chalky stuff is a sign and she never told me that! Infact I did had a tooth decaying before that in my jaw and she said come back in about 1/2 yr we'll put a filling .. ok isnt that wrong shouldnt she do it asap is she a bad dentist? Anyways what I'm REALLY scared is getting a filling on my front lower teeth cuz it will look ugly will they do that?! Thanks for your replies.
Answer:
Just a caution to the above poster... Sometimes tooth decay does start out as damaged enamel surfaces that look dull, white, rough and chalky. It is advanced, obvious decay that can look like a black or brown hole in a tooth.Anyway, to the asker: Since you had a cleaning 6 months ago, you are just about due for another one. Go to your dentist (or a different dentist if you want a second opinion) for a cleaning and checkup. If that stuff is tartar, it should come off pretty easily. If it's chalky damaged enamel (pieces chipping off, exposing yellowed dentin underneath), then yes you might need fillings.Good luck.
they will use tooth colored filling so it will not look bad
its plaque not tooth decay and they dont use silver filling on front teeth... they use white (porceline or ceramic usually) to fill any spot that is visible when you smile
dont worry bout it
Relax -- dentists don't use standard fillings anymore. They can fill in anything with natural enamel look %26 feel. You can spend your time worrying and getting lame answers on this site, or you can get yourself into a good dentist, and get it taken care of asap. I recommend the latter, before you end up with 3x the problems you're currently facing. Because it will get worse. God luck --- you only have one set of choppers, take care of them!
Brush your mouth bro
Decay/ cavities are usually black/ dark. If it hurts it may be a sign of decay but probably not. Ask your parents (if you are kid) or call your dentist. Any dental office would always answer their patient's questions. Even if you are kid you can call and ask to speak to your dentist.
If they took xrays on your last visit they would have told you if they saw decay, so most likely you are fine. You may just have sensitive teeth.
Try using a fluoride rinse like ACT and/or buy sensodyne toothpaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net