Sunday, October 25, 2009

Tooth extraction?

i have recently had a tooth removed and a temporay denture in place to keep my space until i can get a bridge. It is still really painful, does anyone know how long the pain lasts for and if a temporary denture adds more pain?
Answer:
I have had a tooth pulled before...the pain usually will only last about 4 or 5 days...but sometimes you can get whats called dry-socket. They say this comes from drinking through a straw. but I don't recall doing any of that. It is very painful. If you experience worsening symptons I would see your doctor. I think the temporary denture is to help eliminate the chance of getting dry socket. Also...I don't know how old you are, but if your older than 25 I may opt not to put a bridge in. I have one in the back my mouth that was put in about 12 years ago. they just told me I need to replace it for a cost of around $3500.
i had 4 out couple of months back and the pain lastest about a month and a bit 4 me soz
The temporary denture can easily get out of adjustment as the tissues underneath change. If you have pain after 4 or 5 days, go back and you will get relief. It will not take much time to fix this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net