Sunday, October 25, 2009

Tooth implant.is it painful i'm told it takes about 6mths start to finish is it worth it?


Answer:
No it is not painful! My dentist is very gentle though! You are right it does take about six months. The root of the tooth to be replaced is taken out and the implant post is put in, this is left for six months to bond to the gum. The gum heals over but you do have to put up with a gap for this time. Next the gum is opened up again and a post is hammered into the implant (sounds awful but honestly did not hurt) a protective cover was placed over to protect which stayed in place for about 2 weeks and then "tooth" impression made which was fitted about a week later. All done! Cost a fortune though so hoping it will last as long as they say! Hope this helps
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!... that is all i am saying!
My dentist quoted around 拢2,000 and that was with the Denplan dental insurance which would pay for his time and work.
I opted to do without and stick with the gap, but I'm at an age where nobody cares how I look anymore and I may not live long enough to feel it was worth it!
See my avatar? I have dental implants. I had a procedure called "Teeth in a Day" where they pulled all my teeth, placed the implants and attached my teeth in one day. Even though it is called "Teeth in a Day" I still had just temporary teeth. I got my permanent beautiful teeth (the ones in the picture) 5 months after.It was only painful because I had all my teeth pulled at the same time. OH my yes it is worth it!
no it doesnt take long if dentist is good,but i do false teeth as *** tech i suggest dont touch gums do bridge.it mean they take some of top on both sides teeth and do cover include missing tooth.could be more than one missing .less exp nice same.take only 1 to 3 week to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net