Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ugh i got rubber bands!?

i have braces and today i got rubber bands! THEY HURT SO BAD!!!!!!!!!... i mean seriously i feel like crying they are so painful...it also doesnt help that he gave me chains on the bottom row of my teeth to make them move together. how long will the rubber bands hurt? will i have to deal with this terrible pain for long?!
Answer:
For me, the pain got better but never really went away, so as long as I had bands my teeth were always sore. However, I had braces as an adult so my teeth were harder to move.
When my cousin got them she just got used to them after a while.
They will probably hurt for a couple of days. Take aspirin or tylenol.
I totally understand your pain! I've had braces for the past two years now and have had to use rubber bands for about a year and a half. I know they are very painful at first but wear them consistently even though it may be tempting to take them off at times. The more you wear them the quicker you get used to them, within about 3 to 4 days the pain should subside for the most part. I cried numerous times because of my braces but after two years and 3 months they are finally coming off in 3 days! It is worth all the pain and suffering you go through, trust me. I have also had a power chain before as well they are painful too but within a few days your teeth will feel a lot better. If you take any pain relievers try Ibuprofen it should help ease the pain, you can even try oragel on your gums, you may have to reapply often but it might give you some comfort. Good luck and I wish you the best! If you need anymore advice about braces, I've got plenty!
I'm so sorry! I had braces for 5 years and I probably had rubber bands for 24 of those 60 months. You can expect it to hurt SOME for at least the next week...but the cryingly painful part, the part where you cringe every time you take them off or put the back on, will only last 3 days, tops. But DO wear them...if you don't they'll just give them to you again next month and you'll go through it all over again. Plus the more you wear them, the sooner you can get out of braces and show your straight teeth! I totally know how you feel...braces can be more painful than a filling (I take my fillings without pain meds thanks to braces!). But you'll make it. Just 3 more days and you won't want to cry anymore, as long as you wear them all the time.
It really depends on how far-off your bite is/how crooked your lower teeth are. The pain could just be an over-night thing or it could last up to about 3 days.. I'd count on 3 days, and just try your best not to focus on it. I know it's really difficult. One good tip is not to mess with them. The more you play around with your teeth/take out rubber bands and put them back in/etc, the more sensitive they get.. and thus they hurt more intensely and longer.
I got the powerwire thing and rubberbands too...it does hurt at first, but it goes away after a week or two. For now, you'll just have to eat soft foods and bear it.Also, if it realllllly hurts, you may have 2 connected rubberbands. I did that once, it hurt like crazy.
Eugh. Tell me about it! I just got rubber bands today and I'm in extreme pain. I also have a power chain all across the top row. I took tylenol earlier but it hasn't kicked in yet. So I'm still in pain.Perhaps taking motrin will help. I don't know what else to say. Just know that you're not the only one crying right now. I've been taking like four minute breaks with them.So good luck! I guess becoming beautiful has it's setbacks, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net