Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What can I do now, I have braces and.?

I take pretty good care of my teeth brush at least one or twice a day and floss and recently started using a recommended mouthwash for braces that is supposed to prevent cavities but I just notice a very small cavity appearing under one of my brackets. What am I gonna do when I get my braces off, how do they fix cavities on the front of a tooth, can they even? I am freaking out because I have never had a cavity on the front of my tooth and I know people who have cavities where every bracket was and I don't want that to be me. I thought cavities from braces only appear when you never brush your teeth or take care of them which I definately do.
Answer:
Keep taking good care of your teeth so that cavity doesn't get any larger. Your dentist will be able to use a white filling %26 match it to the color of your tooth. It'll be ok.
eat mashed potatoes
Have your dentist check them ASAP. I think that's the best thing. And notify your parents too. They deserve to know.
yea the have some method were they fill it with a white gell then shoot it with a blue lazer. had it done to a chipped tooth now you couldnt even tell. look up (direct bonded filling)
Well if its small maybe you can prevent it from getting any bigger. Brush your teeth after every meal and try and stay away from sweets. most common reason for cavities. hope this helps.
You dont take care of your teeth if you are getting a cavity. Do you use the pick (its a device that goes in between each bracket cleaning it out)? And are you sure its a cavity? I had braces for 4 years and never once had this happen.
A cavity only gets worse if it's ignored. I had braces for many years in my jr. high school days and wasn't worried about brushing so i ended up have 10 cavities+ a few years down the line.
don't drink soda while wearing braces, brush after every meal and flossing is super important too. floss at least twice a day.
make sure no plaque is left around the braces themselves because white stains will appear once they're off and it'll be super hard getting the anamel back on the teeth to fix it.
dont worry much about the small cavity, you're ortho will know what to do

1 comment:

  1. The parents should be the first ones to know about their child's problems. Of course, they're the ones who totally care. They will accompany you to the dentist 'coz it's their responsibility, too!

    Eddie Storms

    ReplyDelete

 
vc .net