Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What can i do about this really severe pain because of my braces?? help!!?

they tightened them today, but never THIS TIGHT before, the wire is about almost thick as a paper clip both top n bottom they tightened, then they put them loopy looking things near my braces[[for the elastics/rubberbands]] and its like practically holding my bite shut.this really really really hurts, what i can i do besides chew gum[[cz i cant even open my mouth to even chew]] any suggestions on meds, like advil? tyelnol or homade stuff?? =[
Answer:
every night use Peroxyl mouthwash for like a week to keep ur gums storng from cuts and use dental wax and rubber coverups so u wont get blisters, they hurt a little but arent that bad. avoid sleeping on ur side, try to keep ur head straight up for a couple of daysevery morning and every night use the Peroxyl mouthwash again for 2 weeks then after that just use ACT mouthwash to keep ur teeth and gum s healthy. get some Super floss, made for braces-i sugest elictrical toothbrushes they keep ur mouth cleanerdont worry-trust me- i have had my braces on for almost 4 years, i just got em off 4 days ago-i luv my new smile!-Nati
Tylenol is good, that's what i used to take.it'll still hurt a bit though...i never found a med that made all the pain away. Try eating soft foods for a few days..the pain eventually will go away within a week.
i currently have braces and the best way to rid of the pain is to
1 take 2 advils
2 eat something like jamba juice or ice cream
3 sit down and watch your favorite TV show or movie to try and take your mind off the pain
4 just relax and make sure you don't have a busy schedule the day of your appointment to make this all possible
hope i helped! it took me a while to come with a solution to this problem myself!
Take some tylenol, have a milkshake, and sleep off the pain. That's what i had to do, it will go away soon .
ahh I remember when I got the dreaded rubber bands : / I think I tool ibuprofen. and I'm sure tylenol would work well too...the pain will EVENTUALLY go away, just try to remember to where it and the faster it will stop hurting b/c if you keep it off for a while and put it back on it hurts all over again.. GOOD LUCKtodays been the first day in 3 months I haven't worn the rubber band all day... lol (other than when eating.)
try the baby teething gels i know this sounds stupid but i have braces and use it before and after tightning it really works. it doesnot take much of that stuff to feel no at all.
Get lots of advil on hand, ice cream, and some TV or movies to watch. You can't do much about it really. If they rub your mouth get wax to stop the bothering but otherwise, advil is gunna be your best friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net