Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What are the best teeth whitening procedures that are not alot of money?

I have braces and when i get them off i am going to get my teeth whitened so there will not be that ugly stripe of yellow on my teeth they will be the same color!!
Answer:
Overall I would say that most of my patient's have had some measure of success with the Crest Whitestrips, some more than others. Our office uses Crest Supreme which are much stronger than what you can buy in a drugstore and don't cost that much more ($60.00 vs $30.00). You can purchase the drugstore version, but do yourself the favor of using them right after you get your teeth cleaned as any staining and buildup (tartar or plaque) will impede their ability to work. Also, don't use fluoride toothpaste before putting the strips on (same reason). The strips are probably your best low price alternative, much less than in office whitening or custom trays (about $500.00). Most whitening toothpastes just remove stain on the surfaces of your teeth and therefore are not so effective. Whatever method you use it will not whiten your teeth for life, as you age your teeth will get darker and may need to be whitened again.
Good luck!
JAMRDH - a dental hygienist
Well they have whitening mouthwash that you could start using now that works well. It's not too expensive and works. There are crest white strips that work really well, but they are kinda spendy.
Crest White Strips work good. ^^ $30
Well I'm no dentist, but if you really want a procedure, ok, but something very cheap that still works? Cinnamon. It sounds whack, but ground cinnamon in place of toothpaste whitens well, and how much does cinnamon cost?
any type of Crest White Stripes should work, that's what I used when I got my braces off.
What is your definition of a lot of money? If you go to the dentist it could be $300-$600... That seems like a lot of money to me! I have been looking for a good alternative for dental bleaching. I recently tried using "maximum teeth whitening". I have never seen any product that works so well. I noticed a difference the first time that I used it. I think that it cost like $30 for the kit, but they gave me free refills for being a first time customer. It should last me a few months if I use it every day. I will probably only use it a few times a week though. I
Crest white strips didnt work well for me, but Crest Whitening Rinse works the best use it everyday, its a mouthwash and it whites teeth, if you have yellow spots from braces those cant be removed they will always be there

1 comment:

 
vc .net